Around the Crown 10K announced Truist Time Trials in partnership with Truist. The race will take place over Sunday, December 6, through Saturday, December 12. Starting and finishing at Camp North End, the course will run through Uptown Charlotte, the Greenville neighborhood, the Wesley Heights neighborhood, and multiple greenways and shared streets.
Participants are invited to register for a half hour time slot between 7 a.m. and 7 p.m. each day. Only 50 participants will be allowed to sign up for each half hour slot and can start anytime during that half hour. Similar to a standard race, times will be tracked and posted for each runner. Walkers, dogs, and strollers are all welcome!
“We are incredibly grateful to Truist for helping us bring this vision to life, especially following the disappointment of having to cancel the running of I-277,” said Brian Mister, Race Director of Around the Crown10K. “We’ve worked really hard to give our community an opportunity to be active and competitive while staying safe, and we hope y’all will join us!”
In the spirit of keeping everyone safe in the midst of COVID-19, the Around the Crown 10K team will be coordinating the following procedures as directed by local health officials:
- Participants must pre-monitor health status for 14 days before they participate
- Participants must digitally sign a race week COVID waiver before starting the race
- Encouraging participants to avoid running directly behind one another and keep 13+ feet away. We recommend staying beside or at no more than a 45 degree angle
behind other runners.
- Sanitizing stations will be placed around the facility including the start/finish line, bathrooms, packet pickup tables, medal table, etc.
- Regularly cleaning high touch point areas around the start/finish line.
- Regarding masks:
- Participants must wear masks when entering the building and cannot remove them until they start the race.
- Participants must carry masks with them during the run.
- Participants must place masks back on immediately after crossing the finish line.
- Ample signage will be placed in key areas encouraging social distancing.
- No spectators will be allowed inside of the start/finish area.
- No more than 25 people will be allowed in the open air building at a time, including staff and volunteers.
- There will be no water stops – participants are encouraged to bring their own hydration. There will be water bottle filling stations and canned water at the start/finish area.
They will also have a virtual option for people who would prefer to join in from afar. Runners can step out the front door and knock a 6.2 mile race out or join a couple of friends at a local greenway. Whether joining virtually or in-person, participants will receive a medal, shirt, and bib delivered or available for pick up afterwards at Charlotte Running Company.
Around the Crown 10K and Truist share a commitment and vision for a better Charlotte community. The Truist Time Trials are designed to promote an active lifestyle and bring people together to drive positive change throughout the community. For more information and to register, visit aroundthecrown10k.com
Around the Crown 10K is a landmark event rooted in Charlotte, North Carolina taking place every Labor Day weekend with the majority of the running route located on the inner city beltway, I-277. Their inaugural event welcomed nearly 5,000 runners to Romare Bearden Park while raising $21,000 for three local non-profit organizations.
Their mission is to promote the simple act of putting one foot in front of the other to move Charlotte forward. Our purpose is to show that running can make you healthier, happier, and more confident with no regard to age, cultural differences, gender, pace or experience. For more information, visit Around the Crown 10K’s website, Facebook page, or Instagram page.