The pinnacle of rest and health can be discovered perched atop the Blue Ridge Mountains: with its culmination of crisp air, sweeping views, and holistic services, The Art of Living Center has combined the ancient art of Ayurveda medicine with contemporary wellness and vision.
Founded by Sri Sri Ravi Shankar, this center is a reflection of his vision for a peaceful, stress-free society. Regardless of what drives you here, the team at The Art of Living Center are prepared to design the right trip for each visitor, whether you’re on a group getaway or an individual retreat.
You can stay in one of the center’s vistas, with options looking over the stunning Blue Ridge Mountains or views that take in the quiet magic of the forest. ALC has you covered the energizing eats from their vegetarian menu, crafted with the spoils of the center’s own garden, and influenced by flavors of Boone, Bombay, and the Caribbean. Choose from activities including yoga, meditation, philosophy workshops, and nature trails to rest, learn, and explore. Luxuriate in the treatments offered at the Shankara Ayurveda Spa, utilizing the centuries-old science to bring you balance.
This restful respite, and all it has to offer, is located only a short way from the endless adventure and charm in Boone, making it the perfect destination to rediscover yourself in nature.
Five Amenities at The Art of Living Center
- Hatha yoga techniques are taught to accommodate both beginner and advanced practitioners.
- Get creative hand-making and decorating homemade pots in the pottery studio.
- Discover true rest for the mind and body with guided meditation, and accompanying discussion time.
- Experience the century-old art of labyrinth walking, and unravel your mental obstacles as you navigate the maze.
- Indulge in one of the many treatments available at the Ayurvedic spa, including a detoxifying warm oil massage, or the Shankara signature ayurveda facial
5 Healthy Nearby Boone Activities
- Start your day with a deliciously nutritious breakfast at Melanie’s Food Fantasy, offering a dishes created from fresh fruits, farm-raised eggs, local produce, organic coffee, and even made to order juice.
- Opening in early May from 8am until 12pm in Daniel Boone Park, the Watauga County Farmers Market features a delicious spread of the High Country’s locally grown produce, including everything from local jellies and pastries to farm-based jewelry and pottery.
- Explore Boone’s natural wonders by heading a short drive east of Boone to The Cascades trail. This 1.2 mile loop features a beautiful waterfall, overlooks, and signs to help you identify the greenery.
- Located in the heart of downtown Boone, The Turchin Center for the Visual Arts, is the largest visual art facility in Western North Carolina and features international, regional, and local art, making it the perfect place to culture your mind.
- River and Earth Adventures offers a whitewater rafting, caving, hiking, canoeing, and kayaking all led by guides, trained in NC to be environmental educators.