1. Enjoy a round of golf at Pinehurst Resort.
One of the most popular destinations in Southern Pines NC is the world-famous Pinehurst Resort. Additionally, this is home to eight championship golf courses.
2. Visit Weymouth Woods Sandhills Nature Preserve.
Offering 8 miles of hiking trails and fascinating plant and animal life, this nature preserve provides a peaceful respite from the hustle and bustle of everyday life.
3. Shop at The Country Bookshop.
Operating since 1973, this independent bookstore is a literary landmark in the area. Plus, they offer specialized events, book clubs and more.
Learn the area for yourself
4. Stroll through downtown Southern Pines
Enjoy a leisurely stroll through downtown. Additionally, go explore its many shops, restaurants and galleries.
5. Take a tour of the historic Tufts Archives.
Located on the campus of Sandhills Community College, this research facility houses an impressive collection of historical documents, photographs and maps.
6. Visit Pinecrest High School’s Planetarium.
Opened in 2011, the Planetarium is one of the most advanced astronomy centers in the region. Also, they offer a variety of educational events and programs.
7. Experience outdoor activities at Weymouth Woods.
Enjoy kayaking, canoeing and fishing on Lake Creek or take a hike along one of its many trails.
Have fun with friends
8. Play mini-golf at Putt’n Around.
This family fun center features two 18-hole miniature golf courses, plus a driving range, batting cages and more.
9. Visit the Pinehurst Concours d’Elegance.
This annual automotive event showcases some of the best classic cars in the region.
10. Relax at Talamore Country Club.
Offering world-class amenities and golf facilities, this is one of the best places to enjoy a round of golf in the area.
11. Take a tour of the Boyd House.
The historic Boyd House is a unique example of Greek Revival architecture. Therefore, this tour offers an interesting look into Southern Pines’ history.
12. Explore Weymouth Woods State Park.
This state park features over 8 miles of hiking trails, as well as picnic areas and a visitor center.
Explore the arts
13. Visit the African American Cultural Center.
This museum and cultural center features exhibits, artifacts and artworks that celebrate African-American culture and history.
14. Attend a play at The Sunrise Theater.
This historic theater was built in 1927 as a vaudeville house, but today it serves as an arts venue for films, concerts, plays, plus way more.
15. Go horseback riding at Carolina Horse Park.
Likewise, this equestrian center offers a variety of activities for all levels, from trail rides to dressage competitions.
16. Attend the Sandhills Children’s Center Festival of Trees.
Held annually in December, this festival features over 100 trees decorated with lights and ornaments.
17. Visit the Railway and History Museum of North Carolina.
This museum features an extensive collection of artifacts related to the state’s rich railroad history, as well as interactive exhibits and a working model train.
Plus, go enjoy the culture of the area
18. Take a wine tasting tour at Pinehurst Winery.
Home to over 40 different wines, this winery offers tastings in its quaint tasting room.
19. Visit the Sandhills Horticultural Gardens.
This 8-acre garden features a variety of gardens and ponds, as well as walking trails and art installations.
20. Tour the Southern Pines Aviation Museum.
Located at Moore County Airport, this museum offers an interesting look into aviation history, with vintage aircrafts on display.
21. Visit the Southern Pines Museum of History.
Learn more about the history of this area at this museum, which features an impressive collection of artifacts and exhibits.
Want some active options?
22. Take a stroll through Carolina Horse Park.
Located just outside Southern Pines, this sprawling facility offers over 600 acres of trails, plus pastures for horseback riding, hiking and more.
23. Visit the Pine Needles Lodge & Golf Club.
This historic resort offers a variety of outdoor activities. Enjoy golfing to swimming and tennis.
24. Shop at the Southern Pines Farmers’ Market.
Held every Saturday morning during the summer months, this market features local vendors selling fresh produce and handmade goods.
25. Catch a game at the Southern Pines Sports Complex.
This multi-use sports complex features soccer, baseball and lacrosse fields. Additionally, there are tennis courts.
In conclusion, this comprehensive list should help you find something to do in Southern Pines that is sure to please everyone in your group!
Whether you’re looking for outdoor activities, cultural experiences plus just a chance to relax and unwind, there’s something here for you. So, get out and start exploring this charming small town today!